Greater Horizons offers a better way to give by streamlining the giving process so you can focus on what’s really important. Giving circles are a great way to organize and rally your friends around your favorite charitable cause.
What is a Giving Circle?
By pooling resources together, the giving circle structure enables individuals to achieve a more significant impact with their charitable giving than they can achieve on their own. It’s as easy as recruiting members, collecting money, depositing dollars into a fund at Greater Horizons and granting dollars to the causes your giving circle has chosen. Greater Horizons can also connect you with an existing giving circle in your area.
Starting a Giving Circle
Greater Horizons is happy to assist you in establishing a giving circle. The following are examples of ways we can help:
- A staff member will be available to attend key meetings where topics may include the level of formality your giving circle wants to have, your group’s mission and purpose, how it will grow, and how to establish your grant requirements.
- We can provide an online application and review system for grant competitions.
- We provide an online donation page that you can link to, to accept credit card contributions for your cause.
- We offer you 24/7 online access to your account information—balance, donations and grants—as well as quarterly financial reporting.
- You may use your own financial advisor to manage your fund’s investment strategy or select from one or more of Greater Horizons’ pools, allowing you the flexibility to invest your dollars in a way that aligns with your charitable goals.
- We provide best–of–class customer service, and have a dedicated phone number and e–mail address that is staffed between 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. CST.
- Giving circle grant opportunities can be posted on Greater Horizons’ website.
Please note that all dollars in your giving circle fund are required by the IRS to go to 501(c)(3) public charities. Most giving circles operate without other expenses. If there are reimbursements to members or vendor payments, they need to be made from a separate bank account established by the giving circle.