Participating in Greater Horizons' Financial Advisor Program creates a distinct advantage for you and your clients. You can continue to manage your clients' assets and meet your clients’ tax and charitable goals.
“The Financial Advisor Program is valuable to both advisors and their clients. Greater Horizons can handle complex charitable transactions, including the donation of real estate and closely-held interests, giving financial advisors the power to offer flexible options not otherwise available. More importantly, advisors can continue to manage their clients’ finances no matter what type of charitable giving vehicle they choose.” -Richard Mistler, UBS Financial Services Inc.
Financial Advisor Program Benefits
The Financial Advisor Program is a win-win for everyone involved, creating a significant and positive impact for your clients' charitable causes. There's no minimum fund balance required to participate in the Financial Advisor Program.
Financial Advisors can:
- Retain their clients' charitable assets at their financial institution and continue to manage their clients' charitable giving vehicles.
- Convert non-managed client assets, such as real estate, closely-held interests, businesses, personal property and art into charitable dollars that the advisor will manage. [More on Donating Complex Assets]
- Offer clients a value-added service by connecting them to the best charitable giving product on the market.
Identifying Clients Who Qualify
Candidates for this program might:
- Plan to sell a private company
- Have high capital gains tax exposure
- Be in a "transition" phase of life—empty nest, retirement, involved in estate planning
- Want a charitable tax deduction now with the flexibility to make distributions in the future
- Want to grow their contributions tax-free over time
- Have a desire to give something back to their community
- Want to leave a legacy for future generations
The Financial Advisor Program requires financial advisors to adhere to Greater Horizons' professional and industry standards in managing donor funds. Statements are reconciled monthly between Greater Horizons and financial advisors.