Greater Horizons is a leading provider of charitable giving services, offering client-focused solutions to a wide range of philanthropic clients, including individuals, families, companies and community foundations. Greater Horizons is powered by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. The Community Foundation created Greater Horizons in 2004, to serve those who wish to use the Community Foundation’s products and services under a national entity.
Contact Us >>
More about us:
- We are in the top one percent of more than 700 community foundations in the country in terms of combined assets (more than $2 billion), gifts and grants.
- Since 1978, our donors have granted more than $3 billion to the charities that mean the most to them.
- We administer more than 3,800 accounts, ranging in size from a few thousand dollars to tens of millions of dollars.
- We are the first and only charity to receive, hold and sell a major league sports team.
- Our operating ratio (operating expenses as a percentage of assets) is consistently under 70 basis points (0.70 percent).
- We hold ourselves to the highest reporting standards, including the completion of a SOC 1 Report (SAS 70 Audit), which is exceptional in our industry.
Greater Horizons and the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation are exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).