About Greater Horizons
A national leader in philanthropic services.
Greater Horizons is a leading provider of charitable solutions, working alongside donors and their advisors to develop philanthropic legacies. Through donor-advised funds and a comprehensive platform of charitable tools, our philanthropic experts help individuals, families, companies and institutions streamline their giving and provide research and guidance on charitable landscapes and giving strategies.
Greater Horizons is powered by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. The Community Foundation created Greater Horizons in 2004, to serve those who wish to use the Community Foundation’s products and services under a national entity.
Facts and Numbers that Matter
- We are in the top one percent of more than 700 community foundations in the country in terms of combined assets (more than $5 billion), gifts and grants.
- Since 1978, our donors have granted more than $5 billion to the charities that mean the most to them.
- We administer more than 5,000 accounts, ranging in size from a few thousand dollars to tens of millions of dollars.
- We are the first and only charity to receive, hold and sell a major league sports team.
- Our operating ratio (operating expenses as a percentage of assets) is consistently under 70 basis points (0.70 percent).
- We hold ourselves to the highest reporting standards, including the completion of a SOC 1 Report (SAS 70 Audit), which is exceptional in our industry.
Greater Horizons and the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation are exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).