Set Up an Agency Fund and Build a Sustainable Financial Future
The many advantages of an agency fund.
Prospective Agency Fund Holders
An agency fund helps nonprofit organizations build long-term assets and serves as a home for reserve funds. Agencies with agency funds enjoy low-cost investment options and third-party oversight of their assets. Plus, agencies can access Greater Horizons' expertise by connecting with our philanthropic advisors.
How an Agency Fund Works:
- Quickly and easily set up an agency fund with one simple document.
- Choose how to invest the fund's assets.
- Greater Horizons receives contributions from the agency to the fund, and Greater Horizons processes grants from the fund back to the agency.
- Staff and volunteers who oversee the agency's finances can view the fund balance, contributions and grants 24/7 through an online donor portal.
If you would like to speak with a Greater Horizons representative to guide you through the process, contact Philanthropic Advisor Nicole Stuke at email@example.com or 816.627.3404.
Interested in opening an agency fund?
We can help you explore options for your organization.
Resources for Nonprofit Organizations:
- Download our Agency Fund PDF
- Read our donor-advised fund FAQs with helpful information specifically for nonprofit organizations
- Read our Investment Pool FAQs
Current Agency Fund Holders
Want to learn more about our investment pools? Read our FAQs.
Update Your Agency Fund
To make changes to an existing agency fund (i.e. Board Chair change, New Fund Name), please download and fill out our Update Your Agency Fund PDF form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 816.842.8079.
Contribute to an Agency Fund
Make checks payable to Greater Horizons, noting the agency fund's six-digit fund ID on the memo line. If you do not know the fund ID, the name of the agency fund is sufficient. Mail or deliver to:
1055 Broadway Blvd., Suite 130
Kansas City, MO 64105
Wire Transfers of Cash
Please contact Donor Services at email@example.com or 866.627.3440 for wire instructions.